Bookvana Winner: Religion: General
When a regular guy sought ancient keys to self-improvement and transformation, he found them hiding right in his simple, ordinary life. If you want to laugh hard, go deep, and explore far, then venture down a highway of history and personal growth that has something for the seeker and philosopher in all of us—no fame, beliefs, reservations, or ordination required.
You've come to the right place if you’re curious how:
- Buddha’s Noble Eightfold Path is at work in your life
- Jesus’s Two Great Commandments are a powerful engine driving your day
- The Tao Te Ching’s esoteric principles of Tao, water, and wu-wei pervade your present moment
- Confucian values and Five Great Relationships are everywhere around you
- The Ten Commandments are chiseled in the stone of your modern morality
- Islam’s principles of purity and charity mirror things you do all the time
- Karma can be tamed
- Socrates fits into a book on world religion, spirituality, and personal transformation
- Religious and spiritual principles can spur personal growth even without a belief in a god or gods
Through the power of world religion—East and West, spirituality, philosophy, interactive exercises, and the experience of your everyday existence, you’ll: take a personal journey into mind, body, and spirit to transform your life; discover how ancient pathways to a better existence are available to you right now; and uncover the extraordinary power of ordinary actions.
We know more, do more, and are more than we ever imagined. That realization is never more than one simple, ordinary act away.